This is my ALL TIME favorite sugar cookies recipe! It is very quick and simple.
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter (1 Stick) Softened
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Egg
- 1 tablespoon Heavy Cream
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the vanilla, egg, and heavy cream until well incorporated.
- In a seperate bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just incorporated. Do not over mix. The dough may be crumbly*
- Form the dough into a ball and refridgerate for a team least 30min.
- Roll out dough onto a floughered surface, cut out desired shapes, and transfer them onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Leave at least 3/4 inch between cookies to spread.
- Bake cookies for 8-12 minutes or until edges are lightly golden brown. Times may vary.
*If the dough is to crumbly to form into a ball, add a teaspoon of heavy cream until a stiff dough is formed.
This recipe makes 20-40 cookies depending on the size and thinkness. I always at least double the recipe.